Organic virginCoconut oil has healing qualities that kill viruses, bacteria, parasites and support your immune system.
The coconut is an incredibly versatile superfood which combines the natural nutrients and medical benefits in a very palatable way. Coconuts are completely natural, widely available and inexpensive; each part of the fruit can be used. It has a unique feature to stimulate our health on many levels.
Coconut oil is a natural saturated fat. While there are many saturated fats, many of them are unfortunately products of an artificial process called hydrogenation. During the hydrogenation of vegetable oils the oils are heated and enriched with hydrogen resulting from the process. The manipulated oil becomes rancid and thickened.
These unsaturated oils are also known as trans-fats and are unhealthy. They don't have the antioxidant or Medium chain fatty acid properties and enzymes of natural virgin cold pressed coconut oil. Buy Certified Organic Cold pressed Virgin Coconut Oil
The answer is: lauric acid: 50% of the content of coconut oil is made of this precious substance found otherwise very rarely in nature. Lauric acid has anti-bacterial properties, which makes coconut oil a natural defense against disease. In addition, there are no other foods which include more lauric acid than coconut oil.
In addition to lauric acid coconuts also containe capric acids, which have the same antibacterial effect.
New studies show that Coconut oil helps protect the liver from alcohol damage and improves the inflammation response of our immune system. Coconut oil also helps to protect from viruses, bacteria and fungus.
Basically Coconut juice and Coconut meat!
100ml of coconut juice contains:
Water 94.99 gr
Energy 19 kcal
Energy 79 kj
Protein 0.72 g
Total lipid (fat) 0.20 g
Ash 0.39 g
Carbohydrate, by difference 3.71 g
Fiber, total dietary 1.1g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Calcium 24 mg
Iron 0.29 mg
Magnesium 25 mg
Potassium 250 mg
Sodium 105 mg
Zinc 0.10 mg
Copper 0.040 mg
Selenium 1.0 mcg
Vitamin C 2.4 mg
Thiamin 0.030 mg
Riboflavin 0.057 mg
Niacin 0.080 mg
Pantothenic acid 0.043 mg
Vitamin B-6 0.032 mg
Fatty acids, saturated 0.176 g
Fatty acids, monounsaturated 0.008 g
Fatty acids, polyunsaturated 0.002 g
Tryptophan 0.008 g
Threonine 0.026 g
Isoleucine 0.028 g
Leucine 0.053 g
Lysine 0.032 g
Methoinine 0.013 g
Cystine 0.014 g
Phenylalanine 0.037 g
Tyrosine 0.022 g
Valine 0.044 g
Arginine 0.118 g
Histidine 0.017 g
Alanine 0.037 g
Aspartic Acid 0.070 g
Glutamic acid 0.165 g
Glycine 0.034 g
Proline 0.030 g
Serine 0.037 g
One cup raw coconut meat contains:
3 gm fiber
24 gm saturated fat
26 gm total fat
3 gm protein
13 gm carbohydrates
1.9 mg iron
2.7 mg vitamin C
Coconut oil and weight loss
Obesity is an annoying companion of many diseases. Especially with weight problems, coconut oil can be very helpful due to its metabolism stimulating properties.
Among other things we are doing something good for our thyroid, if we use coconut oil in our food. A sluggish thyroid function makes it difficult for us to lose the extra pounds, even if we do a lot of exercise.
Coconut oil can bring a sluggish thyroid back on track. Properly functioning metabolism means not only a lean body - but also a strong immune system, for example, an improved skin appearance (coconut oil stimulates the renewal of skin cells).
Coconut oil and diabetes
Taking coconut oil does not cause excess insulin. It provides the body with energy and thus produces a carbohydrate-like effect, but has no side effects that are normally caused by carbohydrates. It has many benefits for people affected by diabetes, as well as for those who have the predisposition to diabetes.
Coconut oil for skin
Coconut oil is both an extremely healthy food ingredient and proven cosmetic agent that is often used by massage therapists. Coconut oil protects the skin from the effects of free radicals. It strengthens and smooths the skin tissue, reducing fine lines and wrinkles. The formation of new skin cells is also supported, which makes the skin younger and smoother.
Coconut oil and the heart
Heart diseases are often only perceived after a heart attack. We know to avoid unsaturated vegetable and seed oils because they thicken the blood and lead to the formation of blood clots. Coconut oil has the opposite effect, it strengthens the blood.
Benefits of green coconut water:
- Gives energy and endurance - great sports drink.
- Good electrolyte.
- It has antiseptic properties, including antiviral and antifungal, good for blood purification.
- It is effective against herpes, measles, AIDS, influenza, hepatitis C
- It can be [in remote regions] used for an emergency transfusion, because it is similar in composition to human plasma.
- Can prevent nausea and vomiting, replace lost fluids with malaria, typhoid, influenza
- Can act as natural detoxifier, a mixture of coconut water and olive oil can help with intestinal parasites.
Virgin cold pressed Coconut oil tastes and smells like coconut. Hydrogenated coconut oil is odorless and tasteless, and should not be used.
- It kills bacteria causing gonorrhea, gingivitis, urinary tract infections, as well as staph
- It helps with Candida fungi.
- It kills pathogens from flu, infectious diseases, typhoid fever, HIV infection
- It inhibits the growth of parasites such as tapeworms, flukes, giardia
- It has a soothing effect on acid reflux and irritation of the gall bladder.
- The consumption of oil strengthens digestion and counteracts the formation of hemorrhoids.
- It soothes and helps with intestinal disorders, colitis, ulcers, Crohn's disease and irritable bowel syndrome .
- It stabilizes insulin production and blood sugar.
- It relieves itching and neuropathy in diabetes.
- It reduces the symptoms of cystic fibrosis and help prevent osteoporosis .
- It increases the absorption of calcium and magnesium - reinforced, in the bones.
- It reduces the inflammation of joints and muscles, supports tissue repair.
- It balances the thyroid function.
- It protects against colon and breast cancer.
- MCFA help prevent Alzheimer's disease.
- MCFA strengthen the circulatory system and the heart, protect against atherosclerosis and heart disease.
- It prevents the oxidation of fatty acids.
- It provides antioxidants against free radicals, slows the aging process and the progression of degenerative diseases like arthritis.
- It helps with chronic fatigue syndrome.
- It reduces the intensity and frequency of epileptic seizures.
- It stabilizes the female hormones, reduces vaginal dryness and hot flashes during menopause.
- It reduces the symptoms of prostate enlargement.
- It protects the liver against degeneration.
- Mixed with olive oil and garlic it has a soothing effect on ear pain.
External application of coconut oil:
- It forms a film on the skin prior to the protection and healing of infections.
- Topical application relieves swelling and pain of hemorrhoids.
- It smoothes dry skin and provides it with liquid.
- It reduces eye bags, wrinkles and puffiness around the eyes.
- It reduces appearance and visibility of varicose veins.
- Together with baking soda, it yields an effective toothpaste.
- It promotes healing of blisters and burns.
- Helps heal eczema and psoriasis lesions.
- After insect stings and snake bites the burning, pain and itching stops.
- Prevents itching and burning after contact with poison oak and poison maple.
- It promotes a good skin tone, prevents the formation of age spots and wrinkles.
- It helps with head lice.
- It is ideal as a makeup remover.
- It cures nail fungus on toenails and fingernails.
- It prevents nosebleeds by the formation of a slight film in the para-nasal sinuses.
- Coconut oil, baking soda and corn starch can be mixed into a good deodorant.
- It is a good massage oil, lubricant and sunscreen.
- It is suitable as a hair conditioner, smooths the hair surface, has a balancing effect on dandruff.
- It makes stretch marks and scars disappear.
- For babies, it soothes skin irritation caused by diapers and eliminates cradle cap.
Healthy diet with coconut oil:
- It helps absorb nutrients and leads to better digestion.
- It provides quick energy, stimulates the metabolism.
- It is immediately available and energy is not deposited in the form of body fat.
- It increases the metabolic rate, helps to prevent cravings and stabilizes the weight.
- Breast-feeding mothers, it increases milk production.
- Even at high frying, cooking and baking temperatures, it is not harmful
Coconut Oil for health:
take 2 tablespoons a day for general health and prevention
for more serious problems like Candida etc use 4-8 tablespoons a day and use topical as needed.
Coconut oil in the kitchen
As good as olive oil is for salad dressings, it should not be used for cooking, because of its chemical properties. In general most vegetable oils, such as soy, corn, sunflower, safflower and canola are not suitable for frying. These types of oils are among the omega-6 fatty acids, which can produce harmful substances during heating.
Why is coconut oil better than other oils?
Reason # 1: Trans-fats are not the only unhealthy form in which the omega-6 fatty acids are converted during heating. There are other toxic substances that can be produced that are much more dangerous. Frying destroys antioxidants in oil and oxidised it. Oxidation in turn triggers a series of chemical processes that turn healthy oil in its natural state to a harmful substance.
Reason # 2: The majority of vegetable oils are genetically modified (GMO eng.). This applies for example to soy, corn and safflower oil.
Reason # 3: The use of vegetable oils during frying results in excess of damaged omega-6 fatty acids in our diet and the imbalance between omega 6 and omega-3 is considered harmful. Coconut oil is the only oil that does not lose its natural properties when heated. Therefore it is recommended that you use coconut oil instead of butter, olive oil, vegetable oils, margarine or other oils for frying.